Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Saturday, Februrary 18th

I remember the last time I flew on the South Side, it was the last warm weekend in the autumn before winter set in. Saturday was a carbon copy of that autumn weekend, but instead of looking at the approach of winter, were anticipating spring - just around the corner. Quite a few of the local hang glider pilots were out, including Steve Rathbun. Good to see Steve flying after a long road to recovery.


Greg Billow enjoying some pre-spring air.

I was digging through some of the pics from my rescent Mexico trip and found these. Upon landing in many of the LZs in Valle De Bravo, you are typically greeted by local children who offer their help for a small donation.



One afternoon after flying, I took a walk that lead me to some interesting areas of Valle De Bravo. Just after snapping this shot, the grandmother of these children came out the door of the house and gave me a look of death. I quickly put away my camera and continued my walk.

1 comment:

Sandy Wright said...

Too cool, such a different lifestyel than we lead here in Big D!!!