Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Finally the weather cooperates. Sunday I spent the afternoon at the South Side waiting on the wind to calm down, only to watch the wind drop from 35-40 mph to zero in less than five minutes - no flying. Monday however was a bit different. The air dried out and it looked as though it may have been a big XC day from Heber. I had seven yards of concrete to pour.

Tuesday Jeff and I met at the Inspo LZ and decided on an early launch, with the prospects of getting high and linking up Inspo and Heber. It turned out to be a bit to early. Jeff and I ended up scratching around close to launch, and after wrangling with little unorganised bullet thermals for an hour, decided to use the little altitude we had to make the big LZ . I was hopeful when at one point in my flight I found a resonably tight thermal low above the bailout LZ. The lift was drifting directly toward Timp, but after a thousand feet + of gain the thermal flatened out and would have left me low and deep in Provo Canyon. We both ended up landing in the main LZ. The remainder of the week looks great - more later!

No comments: