Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Cody Cup


The winner of this years coveted Cody Cup (with wife Julie).

Friday night the gang met at Outback Steakhouse in Layton for the first official Cody Cup awards presentation and dinner. Ok, it's just the four of us I know, but we still had fun this summer flying XC and competing for the treasured Cup. The concept of the Cup began last summer when Cody came up with the idea of a low profile comp just among friends. Cody got the Cup last year, which was a used coffee mug. This years trophy was a cool thermal mug with a custom silk screened logo with the winners flight details on the mug. I was the recipient this year, as my 96 mile flight from Heber won the comp.



Matt and Keri. Matt had a nice 86 mile flight from the short divide.


Greg and Jennifer. Greg had several mentionable XC flights including the fly to Cody's house for a BBQ.


Cody and Dorothy. On my 96 miler, Cody was just behind me the whole flight. He landed less than fifteen miles short of where I landed.

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

Congrat's on the (now) Coveted Cody Cup, Bruce!! I think you may have to do better than 96 miles to retain your title in 2009! :-)