Sunday, July 31, 2011

2011 King Mountain Championships



June 11 through the 17 I was in Moore, Idaho for the 2011 King Mountain Championships. It's a hang gliding comp that happens every year at one of the greatest flying sites in the world. This year there were about 70 competitors at the comp, which is a good turnout for a hang gliding comp. Our team took second place in the comp. Lisa Verzella, one of the team members, placed fourth overall and had an outstanding 100 miler during the comp. Paul Alen, another team pilot got longest flight of the meet - 125+ miles. I must say, I was in awe of my fellow team mates. Most of the comp days saw big over development. Pilots willing to fly the tasks took on additional weather related risks.



Lisa Verzella, me and our awesome driver Sharon Lepardi (color girl).



Upper launch



Lisa launching



Our team Me, Lisa Verzella, Paul Alen, Sharon Lepardi and K.C. Benn.

No comments: