Sunday, November 19, 2006

An excellent Flying day



The day begins earlier than I care to start. Being Sunday I'm inclined to stay in bed a bit longer, but needless to say, I rendevous with Greg Billow at our usual meeting place at 7:30am and by 8:30 were setting up on the south side of the Point of the Mountain. No sooner do we get there, we hear the all to familiar and dreaded sound of rescue vehicles approaching launch. It appears that a paraglider was blown over and past launch sustaining serious back injuries.





Cody showed up just a short time after Greg and I began setting up, but somehow he managed to get in the air before we did. Because my camera batteries died early in the day, Cody was the hangglider pilot I captured on camera. We used an old t-shirt for a target and had fun practicing spot landings.



All in all, it was a great day. There were at least nine hang glider pilots out, even Steve Rathbun showed up. Steve set up his Talon and was able to do some ground handling in the wind. A great effort. Great to see Steve back.

1 comment:

Sandy Wright said...

Excellent shot of the running start. Looks so difficult...but how does someone get "blown over" ?