Sunday, June 03, 2007

Nashville - "beat goes on"

One of my ongoing projects is assembling a compilation of songs I have written, and releasing a CD in the near future. The songs I am working on are mainly older tunes that never were recorded - with a few new songs thrown into the mix.

I flew out to Nashville last month and did a bit of work on the project. John Willis, known for his recent work on Kenny Chesney's new CD, played guitar on four songs. One of my old friends Phil Keaggy did some great guitar work on two songs and Gene and Susan Miller sang background on a couple of tracks. I was so fortunate to have one of my favorite female vocalists, Missy Hale, sing a duet with me on a song I wrote many moons ago.



John, in the creative mode



I was so impressed with Johns new Pro Tools studio, and blown away by his guitar collection. His performances on the tracks were so fresh and creative.



John's new digs



Gene and Susan Miller. Gene is currently touring with Kenny Logins as well as Peter Cetera of Chicago. Susan is a session vocalist in Nashville.



My sis Judy, one of my loyal fans

No comments: