Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Little Airtime

I got out this afternoon and drove down to the Northside. Steve and Val were already set up and ready to go. As I was setting up, Val launched and within a few minutes benched up and disapeared into the gap. Things seemed to be getting lighter so I hurried to launch only to wait, for the wind began to lighten up even more. After ten minutes or so and a few cycles, it was evident things were dying off. I launched in the next cycle and for the next fifteen minutes scratched around flying in and around a half a dozen bags. I was pinned a few times at ridge level by the bobbling flying thingies before committing to the lower LZ. John Linndberg had a similar flight but was able to top land.

Possibly Friday will bring stronger north winds!

No comments: