Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday At Inspo

One of the strongest showings I've seen of hang gliders, appeared at the LZ at Inspo on Saturday. Jeff, Craig, Mark, Greg, Gary and myself loaded up and reached launch around 2:30pm. There were several bags on launch. After several minutes the bags were off and climbing out overhead. After setting up, we waited through several long lulls. I carried my glider out to launch and took the first good straight cycle. I scratched around and exhausted all known thermal generators. I ended up in the bailout LZ with a 15 min. flight. All the rest of the boys waited around on launch for better conditions. The air on launch got unpredictable. Throwing up a few dust devils, mother nature was intent on letting everyone know she was boss. Gary's glider got picked up and tossed down the hill. Greg got picked up by a dusty (hooked in), and had a scary pre-mature launch. Finally everyone was in the air and had good flights. Jeff and Greg topped out above 12,000ft. Gary, Mark and Craig did well, all landing in the big green LZ.

No comments: