Friday, May 30, 2008

Squeezing It In


(Archive photo - Greg Billow at the Point)

Wednesday I had a nice flight at Inspo. Greg and I arrived on launch and was set up to go, when the wind died out. We waited - Greg broke down his glider, but I hung out for an hour or so and finally launched in a light cycle. Surprisingly the air was somewhat thermic as I gained a few hundred feet over launch. I drifted north to my favorite house thermal and climbed out to 700 and some change. After circling in the light lift for ten minutes or so, I was high enough to make my way over to the shoulder of Timp, climbing out well over 2500 in the creamy, buoyant air. I'm waiting for Jeff to forward a pic or two of my landing sequence. The LZ was filled with soccer players, so I picked out a spot with no kids and flew a gauntlet style landing. I ended up landing safely on my belly, thanks to my new set of wheels!


We've been getting the house ready to sell - gona do it again!
Here's a few projects I've been working on.


Our front entry door has been without strike plates for the locks since the beginning.


I built a custom jig and routed out the aluminum jam - carefully.


New set of stairs accessing out newly terraced side yard.

No comments: