Friday, August 22, 2008

I spent Thursday on launch at Inspo, waiting for the wind to calm down and straighten out. After a week of following Jeff O'Brien's blog covering his efforts in Lakeview, and hearing about Steve Rathbun's 110 mile flight from Heber on Tuesday, I was eager for a good flight. Fellow pilot Greg and I set up in strong southerly winds hoping as the day progressed, better conditions would manifest. The wind did calm a bit, as I was able to launch around 6:30pm. I ended up with an extended sled run and Greg chose to save it for another day. Jeff's latest blog helped remind me of the uncountable awesome experiences I have had flying hang gliders. Every experience, even the not so great flights, add to the sum of my hang gliding career. It's been a rich, and continues to be, as Jeff put it - magic! Even the short seemingly insignificant flights.

No comments: