Monday, June 22, 2009

South Side Notes

Just a few South Side Notes
Last Friday a few of us flew the South Side at the Point, and again Sunday. Sunday the conditions were strong with winds topping out at just above 30. A strange thing happened - toward the end of the session I was flying a few hundred feet above launch in a significantly strong west component. Paul, a pilot from Minnesota, was flying with me. Paul set up to land, and I followed suit feeling like the air was getting a bit to wierd and strong. I set up to land on top, but found myself racing toward the edge of the hill as the wind was dramatically decreasing in velocity. My hard flair stopped me and the glider right on the lip. As I set my glider down the wind had almost completely died. I've never seen the wind go from 30+ to zilch in such a short time. As soon as my glider was packed and loaded the wind picked up fiercely out of the north.

A few pic from Inspo Taken by Paul Martin last year.




No comments: