Monday, June 15, 2009

Today...hmm hmm hmm!

Decisions, decisions. I got up this morning and decided to fly the Southside at The Point. I considered running down to Provo and flying Inspo, but in the end chose to fly The Point. My decision was based on 1) the fear that later in the day we would get another round of afternoon thunderstorms. 2) there were things I kinda needed to get done later, so a morning session at the Point would suffice. I arrived at the Point around 8:30am and missed the early cycle - it wasn't all that great from what other pilots reported. I did manage to get a couple of later flights in that added 20 minutes to my flight log. As I lingered in the waning late morning wind, I watched as beautiful cu's formed over Mt. Timpanogas and Cascade down by provo. It did OD north of the Point, but to the south down by Inspo, it looked like epic soaring conditions with possible XC potential. I considered quickly breaking down and jetting down to Provo, but figured if I stay at the point it's bound to get better. Besides I'm already set up! You can figure out the rest of the story.

No comments: