Monday, August 10, 2009

Site X flight #7

Greg and I had our seventh flight Monday at Site X. It's proving to be a dependable, soarable hill. We did wait a while, finally getting off launch around 5ish. There were nice cu's around, especially over the back - sreeting as well. I was able to gain 2200 over in a somewhat consolidated thermal. I drifted back behind launch quite a ways as I watched Greg's launch. We both thermaled around for a while with some of the local boys - a couple of juvenile golden eagles. They have been out flying the last few times we've been out. The eagles are quite active. At first I thought they were just playful, swooping and diving around us as we were coring up. But yesterday they dove at me a few times with their talons extended. I think it was definitely aggressive, territorial behavior. Maybe they will get use to us?

No comments: