Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Time For Friends and Family

I just returned from a two week trip back east. I flew to Nashville for some business, and got to spend time with family there.

There has been so much rain in Tennessee this spring. It's typically green, but this year it's so lush.

I connected with a few old music friends I haven't seen in decades. I was invited to a cigar party at Tommy Coombs home. I haven't seen Tommy since the end of the last ice age. Tommy wrote quite a few classic Christian songs from the 70's and 80's. We were privileged to hear some tunes of Tommy's as well as Phil Keaggys at a party.


Tommy Coombs performing.


Cousin Glen, myself, Tommy Coombs and Phil Keaggy


Gene. Mighty proud of his stack of burgers

I was able to get out and do some hiking at Percy Warner Park most mornings while in Nashville. One of my goals while on this trip was to get wired into my GPS unit. Even though I've been flying with my GPS the last couple of years, there have been elements I've not quite understood. So most mornings I hiked, I brought along the GPS and set way points, created tracks etc.. It was fun.


My cousin Susan

After Nashville, it was on to Oklahoma City to visit my parents and sister. We had a great forth of July Party at my sisters. Liesa's next door neighbor bought over $2000 worth of fireworks, mainly aerials - impressive!


Now I've really done it - corrupted my own mother!

Now I'm home - ready to do some aerial work myself!!

1 comment:

boulevardsg said...

The time for friends and family is given in the post here. Know all about it


Corporate events